Tuesday, February 9, 2010

And so it begins...

It's another cold, gray day in RVA.  We are having an unusually cold and precipitatious winter, and it tends to make me melancholy.  What's a princess to do?  Take up a new hobby, of course!  I love to knit, hate to sew, and have recently decided I can't live another day without learning how to make hooked rugs!  Why, you ask?  Because where else am I going to get something handmade and beautiful to cover the cold, drafty floors of my cottage?  So, I bought a rug hook and some monks cloth, and away I went....  Okay, not really- I found out that I have to purchase wool fabric (not yarn!), and cut it into strips. Very precisely sized strips.  By HAND.  Yeah... about that, isn't there some nice online store where I could buy said wool strips?
 

1 comment:

Terri said...

If you were not in exile you could get your maid servant cut said strips for you. Alas what's a Pincess to do. Get the errand boy to pour you a cocktail my dear.